Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Friendsgiving!

This past Saturday Phil and I enjoyed an early Thanksgiving dinner with some good friends. Erica played hostess to a fantastic "Friendsgiving" and cooked a mean and moist bird. The dinner was amazing with everyone pitching in and bringing something to the table! Let's see Amanda, brought, well, everything including her mom's Jamie Oliver pan!! Seriously, she brought some amazing appetizers including a delicious Brie with Cranberry jam and some of my favorite wines! She didn't stop there she brought some much needed slice and bake thanksgiving cookies! Lizzie made some biscuits and possibly one of my new favorite pies, maple poached pear pie. Jess added some pretty perfect mashed potatoes, making it known that there was tons of butter and salt in there, music to my ears! I was happy to bring roasted butternut squash salad with a mustard vinaigrette and for a side, roasted cauliflower with pecorino romano cheese and breadcrumbs. As for Erica, our amazing hostess, she provided the best turkey I have ever had! It was moist and flavorful topped with some homemade turkey gravy made from the meat of the neck of the bird. She also made some delicious sausage stuffing, which she was afraid dried out, but it was everything you want stuffing to be.

When Phil and I left, he kept saying how full he was and how that was possibly his best Thanksgiving meal ever. It was delicious and Erica sent all us girls home with some jars of something pickled! I was lucky to get some of her pickled beets and I can't wait to open them.

To Erica, Amanda, Lizzie and Jess Saturday was not only delectable and filling, it was special and I am happy to have met you. Cheers to Sportello for bringing us all together! Have a great Thanksgiving to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment