Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dinner with Stacy!!

On Tuesday night Stacy invited me to go to Bergamot for dinner. It was a great meal. I started with a glass of sparkling because you have to kick the night off with something sparkling. For our first course we shared salmon pastrami, which was smoked salmon with pastrami spices on top of house made brown bread that had been smeared with Devonshire cream. This was a delicious dish, the salmon was perfect. We also shared the pork belly ravioli. This was a good plate, but they were more mezzaluna shape and it was a potato dough so they were slightly heavy. The chef sent out scallops on top of carrot puree, chick peas, bok choy and soy next. I loved this, the scallops were soft and moist and the carrot puree was perfectly balanced. For our main course, I had the Bavette steak with gnochetti. The steak was cooked really well and the gnochetti were the perfect match anf take on meat and potatoes.

And now for dessert!! I love trying Stacy's creations, they never dissapoint! I was excited to try the sunflower seed baklava and after we finished the plate, I could have had more. It was classic. Another dessert I loved was the white chocolate lime mousse, refreshing and light, the perfect dessert after a big meal. And the winner, the toffee pudding cake, moist and covered with toffee sauce. A beautiful spin on sticky toffee pudding.

Great job Cousin!! Thanks for a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment