Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Panforte

I recently opened a shop on etsy.com to sell my panforte for the holiday season. For those of who don't know panforte is a very traditional Italian sweet that is typically eaten during the holidays. It is rich with fruits, spices and nuts. I remember my first taste of this delightful dessert when I was in Sienna with Joe and Lori. I had no idea what it was, but I knew I was going to fall in love when the woman behind the counter cut me a slice, handed it to me and kissed her fingers telling me to enjoy. Thinking back I can still remember the first bite of this sweet and spicy treat. It was unique and like nothing I had ever had. This was certainly not your ordinary fruitcake I remember thinking, this panforte is special. The best thing about panforte is the longer you let it stay, the better the flavors are. The last one I made, I had for 6 months in my cabinet, wrapped tight in plastic wrap it can stay for the year.

My etsy shop is still being worked on, but I will let everyone know when I am open for business!

No comments:

Post a Comment