Sunday, October 31, 2010

Rocky Road Halloween Bites!

Happy Halloween everyone. I put together some treats for my friends at work and wanted to share my mom's recipe for her Rocky Road Halloween Bites. These are really easy and quick to pull together!

You will need:
1 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 tbls of unsalted butter
12 oz of mini marshmallows
2 cups of whole roasted almonds

In a heat proof bowl combine the chocolate, milk and butter and then place this on top of a double boiler. Melt these ingredients together taking care not to burn the chocolate. In another bowl combine the marshmallows and the almonds. When the chocolate mixture is cooled, take off the heat and cool for five minutes. When cooled, pour over marshmallows and nuts. Stir this mixture incorporating all ingredients to be sure everything is coated. Spread mini cupcake liners on a tray and scoop heaping teaspoonfuls into the liners (if you have a little ice cream scoop this will work as well) and place on your serving platter. Place the candies in to the fridge for about an hour or until set. Bring to room temp to serve. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the awesome recipe, I will be making this to give out with my yearly Christmas cookies. I was at the Starbucks in Saugus on RT 1 North last weekend, and I saw that you are the manager there now. I LOVE that store, and worked there a couple times before I left the company to go to school full time. You have AWESOME partners!!! Hope to see you there sometime!

    ReplyDelete