Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mid Morning snack....

About a month ago I went down to my favorite city, NYC, to see the Nate Berkus show and it will finally air tomorrow, April 15th, at 10a on channel 5! So, I thought why not a recipe for a mid morning snack to watch the Nate Berkus show and maybe spot me on television! Here is my recipe for greek yogurt parfait...

Serves 2
2 cups of plain Greek yogurt
1 cup dried apricots, macerated in 1/2 cup boiling water until plump
1/4 cup good quality honey
1/4 cup toasted, slivered almonds

In a small mixing bowl, place the honey. Drain the macerated apricots and slice into 1/4 inch strips. Mix with the honey and set aside. Using a 10 oz glass or dessert bowl, place 1/2 cup of the the greek yogurt in each glass. Then place the apricot and honey mix and a couple almonds. Then repeat, using the remaining ingredients, ending with the almonds. Be sure to turn your television to channel 5 tomorrow morning at 10a and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment