Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Not much time for dinner?

Sometimes when I have to work a little later than normal I rely on really simple pantry dinners that include ingredients I typically always have on hand. Tonight I am throwing together Naan pizza since I don't have time to wait for dough to rise.

Naan is an Indian flatbread and can be found in most grocery stores. It's perfect for open faced sandwiches, for dipping and for making pizza.

Be as creative as you like with your toppings. I like to keep it simple and here is my recipe for Naan Pizza

Serves 2
I pkg of Naan
1 can tomato paste
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt
Pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
2 tablespoons pitted and chopped oil cured olives
Olive oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Brush oil on a sheet pan and then lay the Naan out. In a small bowl combine the paste and oregano and stir. Season with salt and pepper, then spread onto the Naan. Divide the cheese among the two breads and do the same thing with the olives. Drizzle with olive oil and bake 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment