Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all moms out there and to those that are expecting. To my mom, thanks for being the best Mommy, Mom and Ma a kid could ever ask for. You truly are a gem and I love you!

I can remember always being with my mom. My cousin, used to call me her shadow or the velcro kid because I was like butter on toast with her. I remember our trips into Downtown Crossing on a Saturday, she would always buy my brother and I a new smurf figure at the Corner Mall and then it was Happy Meals at McDonalds. Then there were the nights we walked down to the stadium to see Frankie play little league and the many Saturdays we went to dance class at Eleanor Rubino's. Of course we can't forget the rides to summer camp at the Umana and those annual trips to Rockport we took with the moms and daughters from EBCCS. There were late nights at Auntie Virginia's, watching you ladies smoke cigarettes and dye each other's hair and fun trips to Demoulas with Grandma. We took many vacations together, whether it were across the ocean or across the country, it was always fun, even if I had to carry your bag all around New York City that one time you packed too many shoes. Mom I would be glad to carry your bag again and again and again!

Thinking of all the fun things we have done as a family makes me realize how lucky Frankie and I are. We have two great parents that have given us lots of memories and endless amounts of love!

So, to my mom again, I love you and I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment