Thursday, September 16, 2010

Apple & Sugar Pie my newest love.....


Well my time in Quebec City is coming to an end and I have one thing to say, I have fallen in love with not only this quaint city, but it's delicious treats. There is one dessert in particular I have grown very fond of and it is apple and sugar pie or pomme & sucre tart. It is simply delightful. I feel I have eaten enough of this dessert to possibly make it at home. I believe the filling is a sugar and apple custard baked inside a pie shell. It is typically served with unsweetened whipped cream, which is perfection. At all the restaurants we have visited each one had some kind of sugar pie on the menu. My new project when I go home will be to test some recipes for sugar pie and bring some Quebec back home to my kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment