Friday, December 3, 2010

It's Party Time!!

The party is just about to start. Phil and I have the music going and the wines are opened! For my last few dishes, I wanted to do something pub classic so I went with sliders and pigs in a blanket. They are both in the oven as I write this.

With the burgers and dogs, I made a fennel, cucumber and roasted potato salad with a greek yogurt dressing, courtesy of one of my favorite chefs out there, Barbara Lynch (it's her recipe).

For dessert I bought a bunch of holiday inspired brownies and cakes because sometimes it's easier to buy dessert! Though I didn't make a cake, I did make something sweet by making a star anise and cinnamon simple syrup and marinating red grapefruit and oranges. I will pour all my friends a glass a sparkling and top each glass with some of this marinated fruit. It's a really simple recipe, that takes no time and is a perfect way to enjoy the season's citrus!

My friends are about to arrive, so I need to get myself together and get the table together! Have a great night! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment