Thursday, January 13, 2011

An easy recipe that you need to add to your collection


I like to keep my pantry, fridge and freezer filled with staples and this dish is exactly that. It's quick and simple and you can keep these ingredients on hand at all times. There are three main ingredients to the dish peas, tiny pasta (I use Ditalini) and tomato paste mixed with hot pepper flake, garlic, oil and water and dinner can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. Here is my recipe for Peas & Pasta....

2 tablespoons oil
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon red pepper flake
can of tomato paste
1 cup frozen peas
4 1/2 cups water
1/2 pound Ditalini pasta
Salt and pepper

In a medium saucepan heat the oil. Add the garlic and hot pepper flake and let flavor the oil. Add the tomato paste and stir into oil, at this point add salt and pepper and cook for three minutes. Add the water and bring to a boil. When it comes to the boil add the pasta and cook until al dente. The liquid will thicken slightly due to the starch in the pasta, taste and adjust seasoning. Ladle into bowls and top with grated Romano cheese. Sometimes I like serving this with garlic toast for dunking! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I think we'll see this on the menu at my house very soon. Sounds easy and delicious - a perfect combination! Thanks Jenn!

    ReplyDelete