Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happy 70th Auntie!

Today the family held a surprise 70th birthday for my aunt Virginia. Now auntie Virginia is a special one, she freely says what's on her mind and really doesn't care what you think. When I was little I thought auntie was the most amazing woman I had ever met, she smoked cigarettes, colored her hair and drank instant coffee like it was water. I loved the nights mom and I would go down to her place. Her and mom would sit in the kitchen smoking cigarettes and gossiping about everyone with their red colored dye in their hair! My favorite thing was when they would wash the dye out, my aunt would pull out her mirror and rollers and set her hair for the next day. At age eight I thought this was the most amazing thing to watch. To this day I still think auntie Virginia is amazing, she is still a strong woman and a fighter. Sometimes the things that come out of her mouth just plain shock me, but I have grown to realize that's her and that's why I love her! In honor of her birthday, here is the recipe for the perfect cup of instant coffee...

1 teaspoon of Maxwell House instant coffee or your favorite brand
6 oz of water, brought to a boil
splash of milk

In a mug, place the instant coffee at the bottom, then pour the water and stir.
Throw in a splash of milk and start gossiping. Happy Birthday Auntie and to many more years!!! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment