Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!!!!


Happy Father's Day to all the great dads out there and a special happy father's day to my dad! It looks like it's going to be a perfect day for a family barbecue!

What can I say about my dad? He has always been the best daddy and dad a kid could have! I can remember the time my dad and I biked from East Boston to the Stoneham Zoo!! I was probably four years old, strapped into a child bike seat, watching as the trees passed by and listening to my dad curse because he couldn't figure out the way home. We finally made it home and it was one of my favorite adventures. Dare I mention our drive down to Disney that took way too long due to traffic? As we were driving on the highway, finally in Orlando my dad managed to lock the windows open and he couldn't figure out how to unlock them so that we could shut them. Then of course there was the morning my dad pulled the shower curtain and rod down while he was trying to shower! I think the exact quote he said to Frankie was "Frank my son, life sucks!". Those are just a few funny memories and of course there are plenty more! I will always remember our camping trips to Jellystone Park to see Yogi and Booboo, our date to the movies when we went to see The Three Amigos, our trips up to Old Orchard Beach listening to your "Smooth 60's" tapes, breakfast at Dennys and then shopping at the BX and one of my favorite memories, the day you brought us Colombo (our dog).

I said it in my Mother's Day post and I will say it again, Frankie and I are two lucky kids with great parents. Parents who support, push when necessary and have always given us endless amounts of love. Happy Father's Day Dad! Hope you enjoy your day and mom doesn't make you vacuum the porch! Love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment