Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Blue Cheese Dressing

Phil wanted me to make buffalo chicken sandwiches tonight for dinner. So, I marinated my chicken in some buttermilk and then dredged them in flour. I fried them in vegetable oil until they were golden on both sides and finished cooking them in the oven. While they were baking, I threw together a simple blue cheese dressing and I wanted to share my recipe.

Blue Cheese Dressing

1/2 cup Danish Blue Cheese plus 1/4 cup crumbled to finish
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 tsp whole grain mustard
salt and pepper to taste

In a food processor combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Fold in the 1/4 cup blue cheese crumble. Taste to make sure seasoned well and serve with your favorite vegetable. I like to serve mine with Heirloom tomatoes or with roasted beets. You can even keep it a little thick and use it as a dip. Tonight it cooled down our spicy sandwiches!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment