Saturday, August 7, 2010

Breakfast time

I love the weekend because I can cook breakfast for Phil and I. I'm thinking this morning is a pancake kind of day with dark chocolate chips and caramelized bananas paired with a cup of coffee and we are set!
Here's how I make my caramelized bananas:

2 tbls of unsalted butter
3 firm bananas, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
pinch of kosher salt
zest from one orange to finish

melt the butter in the pan and add the bananas. Let them cook, don't move them around too much, after 2 minutes toss them so they brown on the other side. Add the brown sugar, maple syrup and a pinch of salt and let melt. To finish add the orange zest and serve with pancakes or waffles. Get creative use pineapple in place of banana or whatever fruit looks good at the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment