Sunday, August 8, 2010

Can't wait to start cooking....

We are back from Cider Hill Farm with three containers of blueberries, a bunch of carrots, zucchini, summer squash, swiss chard and wax beans. I can't wait to start cooking!

Blueberry picking was so much fun and what a bargain it is if you pick your own instead of buying them at the farm stand! I plan on making a blueberry lemon loaf tomorrow with some of the blueberries, some I will enjoy for snacking and I think I may freeze some so I can enjoy sweet blueberries for a little bit or maybe I will make some jam.

The veggies I bought are gorgeous and they are going to make a delicious and simple vegetable soup. I'll post recipes soon, I need to get back to my risotto I have on the stove.

I almost forgot one of the highlights of the day, Phil and I shared a bottle of farm fresh milk from a local farm in the area, glass bottle and everything.

We plan on getting another bottle when we visit again in couple weeks and do some apple and pumpkin picking.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man I can't wait for apple picking!

    But I need to enjoy the present--will def try to get out there for some blueberries before it's too late. Thanks for the reminder Jen! Can't wait to see that soup recipe, now if only the heat would let up :/

    ReplyDelete