Monday, August 2, 2010

Cooking with my cousin! Recipe included


Tomorrow night my cousin and I are going to cook some dinner together. I was thinking of something simple like pizza, but I just picked up some corn from the farmer's market and want to incorporate that into the dinner. So, I was thinking that we could do a white pizza with roast corn, rosemary ham and Fontina cheese!

Here's a my favorite pizza dough recipe:
1 cup luke warm water
1 pkg dry yeast
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tbls olive oil, plus 1 tsp for the bowl
1/2 tsp kosher salt

In a large mixing bowl combine the water and the yeast. Allow yeast to activate for about 5-7 minutes (it will foam when it's ready). Combine flour, oil and salt in the same bowl. Using a clean hand, mix ingredients together in a circular motion, until combined. If the dough seems dry, add a little cold water and if it seems too wet add a touch of flour. As the dough comes together into a ball, drop onto a lightly floured surface and knead for five minutes. Shape into a ball and place into a greased bowl. Cover with plastic and store in a warm place. Allow to rise at least one hour and until double in size.

When you are ready to use, punch down the dough and spread it out on an oiled sheet pan or a pizza peel using your hands. Allow the dough to rise again for fifteen minutes. I like to salt and pepper my dough before I top it with anything, but that is up to the cook! Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment